4 Legendary Original Burgers
- 8 oz. Shiitake Mushroom Caps, Sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Julienned
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Sundried Tomatoes in Oil, Drained
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Oregano, Rough Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Italian Parsley, Rough Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon, Juice and Zest
- 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayo
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper to taste
For the Build
- 4 Burger Buns, Toasted
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 1 Tomato, 4 Thick Slices seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion, Sliced Into 1/4 inch Rings
- Preheat sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 Tablespoon of olive oil, followed by onions. Sauté, while stirring, for 3-4 minutes until onions become translucent. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for 3-4 more minutes, until mushrooms become tender. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the soy sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- For the aioli, add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice/zest to a food processor/blender and pulse until finely chopped. Then add the herbs, red pepper flake, and mayo. Puree until well combined and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a sauté pan/cast iron over medium high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon oil, and spread evenly over pan, followed by the burgers. Cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned and an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Top each burger w. mushrooms and continue to assemble on bun with sauce, arugula, tomato, and red onion.