Legendary Stuffing or Dressing
- 1 loaf of ciabatta or other day-old bread
- 1 package Everything Legendary sausage
- 2) 7-ounce jars of chestnuts, chopped
- 1 large onion diced
- 3-4 celery stalks, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can cream of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or more to taste)
- Crumble bread into small pieces then add to a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cook and crumble sausage until cooked through and nicely browned. Add sausage to the bowl of cornbread (do not stir yet).
- Sauté onion, celery and chestnuts in butter for 4-5 minutes or until onion is semi-translucent. Add mixture to the bowl of bread (do not stir yet).
- Combine broth, cream of mushroom soup, salt and italian seasoning in a mixing bowl then whisk together until smooth. Pour broth mixture into bowl with cornbread mixture and gently stir and fold until well combined.
- Spray a 13x 9 baking dish with cooking spray then spoon bread mixture into dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
Still Hungry? Check out these recipes