Spicy Guac Burgers With Pickled Red Onions
- 4 Legendary Original Burgers
- 2 Avocados, Peeled and pitted
- 1 Chipotle in Adobo Sauce (approx. 1 Tbsp), Rinsed
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 Red Onion, Julienned
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
For the Build
- 4 Burger Buns, Toasted
- For the guacamole, add everything into a food processor and pulse until ingredients are combined but still chunky. You can also mash the avocados with a fork/mortar and pestle, and mix in remaining ingredients.
- For the pickled onions, add the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt into a small sauce pan, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in onions. Let sit for at least 1 hour while cooling, but can be done days ahead as well.
- Preheat a sauté pan/cast iron over medium high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon oil, and spread evenly over pan, followed by the burgers. Cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned and an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Assemble burgers w. guacamole, pickled onions, and cilantro on toasted burger buns.
Still Hungry? Check out these recipes