Chef Jon Blaze’s recipe for Legendary Empanadas will be a hit for the whole family! Onion, corn and peas round out the flavor of the filling and it’s great for weeknight meals. These are so easy and fun to make, you can get the whole family involved!
1 12 oz pack of Everything Legendary Grounds
¼ cup olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, cut into small dice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
½ cup corn
½ cup sweet peas
1 pack of GOYA brand empanada discs (10 count package)
2 ripe avocados
1 jalapeno, cut in half (seeds and membrane can be removed for less heat)
1 cup fresh orange juice
Kosher salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium size sauté pan, over medium heat, add oil until warm, then add onions, salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add Everything Legendary Grounds and cook for 5-6 minutes while mixing in onions and garlic.
- Add remaining dry ingredients; cayenne pepper, oregano, dried parsley, cumin and smoked paprika, stir and combine.
- Add corn and peas and fold in veggies for 5 minutes and remove pan from heat and put in bowl to cool before placing in empanada dough.
- Place one empanada dough on flat surface and place 2 tablespoons of the ground’s mixture in center.
- Fold dough in half and crimp close it a fork until sealed.
- Place stuffed dough on cookie sheet. Continue the process until all ground’s and dough have been used.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to slightly cool before eating.
- Remove skin and seeds from avocado and place in food processor.
- Add jalapeno, salt and half of orange juice.
- Process and check for smoothness and taste.
- Add remaining orange juice and process one last time. Check for taste.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.