How can the best plant-based burger in the world get any better? Top it with a smokey vegan coleslaw. This coleslaw slaps so hard, even slaw haters will get on board.
4 Everything Legendary Cheeseburgers
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 cup plant-based mayonnaise
1 medium tomato ¼ inch sliced
4 pieces of lettuce
4 plant-based burger buns
1 medium sized yellow onion slice ¼ inch thick
Smokey Vegan Coleslaw
2/3 cups of shredded carrots
1 ½ cups of shredded red or green cabbage
Smokey Vegan Coleslaw Dressing
1/3 cup of raw cashews (soaked in hot water for 1 hour)
¼ cup of water
1/3 cup of maple syrup
2/3 cup of spicy brown mustard
½ tablespoon of vinegar
2/3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped white onion
½ teaspoon celery seeds
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Combine garlic powder and mayonnaise in a bowl, set aside.
- Drain cashews, place in a blender with water, maple syrup, mustard, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, onion, celery seeds, and liquid smoke. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping sides as needed. Adjust consistency as needed– too thick, add water; too thin, add more cashews.
- Add carrots and cabbage to a bowl, add dressing, toss to combine, place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Lightly brush oil and salt on onion slices and place on grill, cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Spread garlic aioli on bottom and top of bun, place grilled burger on top of bottom bun with grilled onion, place a ¼ cup of slaw on top. Place the top bun on the slaw.
- No need to defrost the burgers. They grill up best straight from the freezer.
- Brush cut side of burger buns with oil and lightly grill for 30- 45 seconds.