Use pre-made flatbreads as a shortcut to delicious grilled Mediterranean plant-based beef pizzas – perfect for a summertime meal or backyard bbq appetizer.
2 packages of Everything Legendary Plant-Based Ground
¼ cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped rosemary
4 8-inch oval flatbreads
½ cup spinach
1 medium tomato, chopped
12 pitted kalamata olives, quartered
1 small red onion, julienned
1 cup of plant-based feta
- Place a large pan on a hot grill. Add ground and cook, breaking up with a spatula, until browned and loose. Add 1 tablespoon of oil if the ground gets too dry.
- Stir tomato sauce, garlic, onion, and rosemary into the meat mixture. Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Lightly brush one side of flatbread with oil and place on the grill for 2-3 minutes. Flip and top grill side with meat mixture. Grill for 2-3 minutes, remove from the grill. Follow the same steps for all remaining flatbreads.
- Top grilled flatbreads with spinach, tomatoes, red onions, olives, and plant-based feta. Serve warm.
- Since the ground is plant-based, and does not contain added fat, you may need to add oil to keep it from getting too dry.